[78-L] Raksin w/ Buck and Bubbles

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:48:06 PDT 2011

I'd love to know the year. He worked for Chaplin in 1936, but he was not
under contract to any studio at that time AFAIK. Before that he was a studio
musician/arranger/orchestrator in NYC. I once had a thrill going through
some of the boxes found at WB when all the Broadway material was
rediscovered, and found a score of Gershwin's "By Strauss" orchestrated by
Raksin. The one time that I spoke to him on the phone, I brought this up,
and he remembered it well.

Jeff Sultanof