[78-L] Age of Collectors (WAS Kurt Nauck's Auctions)

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue May 10 14:58:48 PDT 2011

Malcolm it on something important.  When I started collecting stuff around
1965 you could still get lots of good pop (and even some jazz) 78s from the
20s and 30s in junk and thrift stores...so even kids with little cash on
hand could make a good effort.

Now it's rare that anything which even looks like a 78 turns up in most of
those places...not impossible but not with any regularity.  So you do have
to have some money to get the good stuff most of the time...makes it harder
for younger collectors until they start having some disposable income.

Taylor

P.S.  Yes,  Steven,  I know you buy 78s for pennies...I'm not talking about
large lots of junque which contain records of little or no interest to most
collectors.