[78-L] Collections, lists

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun May 8 17:07:42 PDT 2011

From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
>> I think I brought this idea up a long time ago. I have made a database
>> of my record collection. One can only imagine what a collection of these
>> lists would look like. And my set is puny.
> ====================
> When we snuff it, our record collections will be there for all the
> family to see. But are they going to bother to look on our PCs for
> databases, assuming they have the password?

The MORE important question is this...! Will they be interested
enough to search the net for the highest possible resale price...
or will they simply hire a strong dude to carry all the now-
obsolete-and-unwanted 78's out to the curb on "garbage day>!"

I have already picked up around 100 78's put out as trash in my
"boulevard surplus" project (as well as several nice winter coats
and enough chairs to provide me with seating on my verandah!)
I have also purchased some 20,000 VERY miscellaneous 78's
via a local dealer; he knows I collect 78's and thus will help
anyone out who is "stuck: with a lot of 78's...! I have no idea if the
owner of the 78's gets paid anything; however I usually wind up
paying a few cents each for large quantities of 78's...!

Steven C. Barr