[78-L] ARSC^

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Thu May 5 21:26:23 PDT 2011

   I took 2 or 3 round-trips on Megabus tween NYC and Buffalo, about 3-4 years ago ... each trip was quite pleasant, one of
them cost $1 each way and another was $24 or so..  Buses very clean, no diesel smells, hardly any noise.  One driver treated
my broken-legged self like a king, making sure I got the front seat all to myself, putting my bag up for me, etc.  They even
had free internet service - slow but free, and AC plugs.  On one trip, there were hardly any passengers besides me and a
dozen girls travelling in a pack. They brought "Sex and The City" DVDs, which the driver gladly played on the TV system.  7
hours of that was a bit much - good thing I had earplugs!    The Buffalo-NYC trips actually start in Toronto, so there's
usually a load of Canucks who get off at the airport. Those buses were nearly new, then - maybe they're filthy roach-motels
by now.

 The last time I took Amshak to New York WAS the 'last time'.  Train was almost 2 hours late getting to Buffalo, then every
freight train was put ahead of us all the way to NYC, making an eight-hour trip into 14. Nasty (and I mean NASTY) employees
made onboard life miserable. The Penn Station elevators and escalators were all dead, too, just to end a rotten trip
appropriately !   The return trip was 4 hours late, as I recall - they used us to rescue another train with a burned-out
engine. (Just checked the status of those trains for the last few days, and many were on-time or even early. Glad to see
they've improved)