[78-L] WWI descriptive record with fadeout

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Thu Apr 21 07:19:57 PDT 2011

From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com [78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Royal Pemberton [ampex354 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:12 AM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] WWI descriptive record with fadeout

I have this on US Victor.  It's an S/8 master (an acoustically made dub)
with both a slow fade in as well as that slow fade out.  And I can't detect
when the reproducer started and ended playback unlike many Edison BA
cylinders at the start, or find any explanation for it being a dubbing
anywhere.  (There's no real info on it even on EDVR.)