[78-L] Question 1812 Overture

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Apr 4 20:10:33 PDT 2011

From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <rbratcherjr at yahoo.com>
> David, You & I are not the only ones on the list with a house that we live
> in
that is overflowing with records. As you may already know there are a few
others
on the list that have the same situation with the number of records owned in
the
home & perhaps in storage (hopefully climate controlled) like you have. Oh &
keep 2 window units running 24x7 in the garage to keep those records cool
during
the late spring to early fall months. Don't need them much during the
winter.

> One thing I wonder does anybody keep records in the garage (instead of a
> car &
other stuff) like I do? For me it's cheaper than keeping them in a storage
unit
even with the house A/C bill in the summer.

No...my garage is COMPLETELY full of...well. I'm not sure what...?!
It was the contents of a couple of storage lockers; the house was bought
partly because it had a large and empty garage...which I had accumulated
an amazing amount of "stuff!" and needed a place to put...!

My 67,000-plus 78's are all inside the house (there are about 20,000
on the second floor...but there is no sign of impending collapse...I
guess they built better back in 1869 when the house was built...?!).

Steven C. Barr