[78-L] Other Finds - John FREESTONE

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Mon Apr 4 06:50:08 PDT 2011

In addition to my previous contribution :-

Also found two ten-inch acetates featuring a John Freestone (Tenor).

Is this, I'm wondering, the same John Freestone who was an authority of the Odeon and Fonotipia Operatic output and also Editor of " Collectors' Corner ", in the pages of The Gramophone Magazine  ??

In addition was co-author with H. Drummond of the authoritative book  'Enrico Caruso - His Recorded Legacy'.

The acetates are

'Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal / Silent Worship' (Handel)   Freestone & Jessie Squires (pno)
both dated 22nd May, 1943.

'Occhi belli' /  Jennes Fillettes '  - Freestone & Squires (pno)   22nd May, 1943.

Thanks,

Russ Barnes