[78-L] Houston record shops

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 06:38:42 PDT 2011

So what is left of the Houston record shops? I am not sure that I know
of any presently, other than the occasional dealer who sets up in a
temporary location, and the one in Stafford which is open once a month
maybe and looking for a new owner. There's one toward Montrose, on West
Gray possibly, and one other I am not placing at the moment. Other than
that, there aint much. Few have any 78s or occasionally have some,
mostly late common items, and I don't find 78s at Goodwill and resale
shops much anymore. Most of what I do find is not that which I collect.
It has been a while since I have seen any worth mentioning at 1/2 price
books, altho I did once get some Chevalier French HMVs for pennies @,
and they turned out to be very delightful music

joe salerno

  Other than visiting Black Dog