[78-L] Record collection brings laughs

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 06:38:49 PDT 2011

--- On Mon, 3/28/11, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I wonder about that myself..I got a few such discs from Jim
> Hadfield, and they
> were much played and much scuffed and may have come from a
> doctor's office or a restaurant.

Muzak had "disk jockeys" in the pre-tape days that played
records out over their closed-circuit systems in the
various cities.  There was a Muzak head-end in an electronics
store in Tacoma when I was a kid.  By then it was tape, but
they had three racks of tape decks, timers, etc. behind a
glass wall in their show room.  They were very proud of it.
That equipment came out some time in the early 80s if I
recall correctly.  By that time, I think it was distributed
to the head ends by satellite.