[78-L] fwd: The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Mar 6 18:15:19 PST 2011

From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman at yahoo.com>
> --- On Fri, 3/4/11, Steven C. Barr <stevenc at interlinks.net> wrote:
>
>> Welcome to the
>> XXI Jahrhundert...and if you're over thirty, die as quickly
>> as possible
>> since you are too expensive to keep alive in a
>> NON-contributory
>> position...! I suspect t5his new generation will NOT be too
>> happy to support we aging baby-boomers...?!
> The baby boomer generation is the most narcissistic in
> history.  You may find this hard to believe, Steve, but
> many people are able to continue to make a positive
> contribution to their lives and society as a whole
> well into old age, despite many handicaps, and they
> don't make a habit of wringing their hands an moaning
> "Oh, woe is me!" while dong it.

I'll accept this in part if only because it applies to me personally;
however.
the harsh and bitter reality that I see in reading innumerable web sites
and e-mails consists of ads for "Look Younger!!" potions and extreme-
right stuff basically summarized as "CUT TAXES! ELIMINATE
WELFARE! KILL ALL THOSE "HOMELESS" BUMS!!!
QUIT PAYING HUGE SUMS IN OLD AGE PENSIONS!!

Note that I'm probably bitter about the success of a far-right,
very racist mayorality candidare...whose "Nation" consists
primarily of people who want to replace ""multicultural"
Toronto with a monocultural, white/English-only culture...?!

Steven C. Barr