[78-L] fwd: The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 4 08:54:30 PST 2011

My children (12, 15, 18) have never heard the sound of a rotary "click"
television tuner. My two oldest have heard a rotary dial phone, but not
my youngest. None are conversant with the sound of a radio tuner between
stations, since modern radios have digital tuning that can be punched
in, nor are they familiar with the chatter and plop of a record changer.

They are familiar with records, but only because I have a spring-driven
internal horn talking machine.

MS