[78-L] The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 6 09:47:27 PST 2011

Neither for Respighi..he called for something to be played on the Brunswick
Panatrope, and the year was 1924. Both V-1 and the Beatrice Harrison record
have musical accompaniment.

Here's one label of V-1, the Reich Aviary record which was in the catalog
forever and which also appeared with a Hartz Mountain label. Note that the
description refers to a 1911 Reich record which was used by Respighi.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/actual-nightingale-herr-reich-aviary-78-rpm

No truth to the rumor that Victor V-2 is the sound of a cat going "Meowww..yum!"

dl