[78-L] The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Mar 6 09:24:19 PST 2011

On 3/6/2011 10:25 AM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> I have a 10" Scroll Victor of an aviary in the morning. Jut the sound,
> no narration or comment. IIRC it was recorded in London, or somewhere in
> Europe.
>
> And I even made an on topic post.
>
> joe salerno

Yes, that is the record I was talking about, that its location would be
to noisy now.  Most of the bird records were recorded in Karl Reich's
Avery in Bremen, Germany, but this one was recorded in Beatrice
Harrison's Garden, Oxford, England.  Nightingales -- Dawn In An Old
World Garden, Victor 20968.  These records stayed in the catalog for a
long time, and I think it was either this one or the Reich Nightingale
record that was specified by Respighi for use in The Pines Of Rome.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com