[78-L] The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sat Mar 5 17:07:41 PST 2011

Keep up the good work, Martin!
The idea of initiating a sound museum was presented by the Swedish
Musical Academy in 1995, as part of their "Sound Manifesto", in which
different aspects of our audio environment were targeted: everything
from noise to silence.
One idea was to favour the establishment of positive urban soundscapes,
the equivalent of physical parks in a city, where you could relax your
ears. Another was to create a sound museum for endangered sounds.
Unfortunately there has been very little political interest to realize
any of these ideas. But then again, who took the manifestos for clean
air seriously in the 1950's?
Kristjan