[78-L] Bye Bye, Borders

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Feb 17 14:36:18 PST 2011

On 2/17/2011 11:23 AM, Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
> Turns out Borders is only closing two stores here in Hawaii; one on the
> Big Island and the other on Kauai. The stores on Maui and Oahu will
> remain. Borders is a mainstay of book lovers on Maui, however I still go
> to Amazon if they don't have what I'm looking for. Our Maui store is
> very well stocked and the nearest thing to a coffee-house we have. Poty,
> we could use a good coffee-house (and, no, Starbucks does NOT count!)
> Mal

Ironic -- just found out yesterday in our little hamlet of Morehead, the
Fuzzy Duck Coffeehouse/Coffee Tree Bookstore is moving into the building
of our old traditional cinema on Main Street now that it has been put
out of business by the six-plex at the edge of town.  This store will be
next to where the used book and record store was when I moved here in
1077, Larry's Rock and Read.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com