[78-L] Short video showing Armed Forces transcriptions discovered at Ft. Lewis/McChord AFB

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 04:56:43 PST 2011

OK, so if vinyl is warmed sufficiently and put under some pressure, it
can be forced to change shape, which is how vinyl records are made in
the press as we all know. Same for shellac, altho lower temps will warp
shellac. I assume a record store at an angle or with something on top of
and below could do the same over time, be forced out of a flat
condition. If these transcription records were packed tightly in boxes,
perhaps this will not have occurred.

That would explain why I have seen so little warping in my vinyl
collection, excluding those records which came factory pre-warped.

joe salerno