[78-L] Jack Jackson date

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Thu Jan 20 19:06:54 PST 2011

J. E. Knox wrote:

 > I went to the Abbey Road Studios Web site and saw there were, and
are, three studios. Any thoughts as to which one might have been used
for a dance-band side like the Jack Jackson item in question? Studio One
seems bigger than necessary, and Studio Three seems too small given the
sound on the recording. That leaves -- well -- Studio Two, which is
referred to as "the most famous studio in the world."

--
You're probably right. Studio One was the large one, primarily used for
classical orhestral recordings. Studio Three had room for about 15

"Studio 2 was used for many dance band recordings with such as Ray
Noble, including some 1933 stereo experiments"
(from http://www.ibs.org.uk/audiocompendium/index.php?title=Abbey_Road)
Kristjan