[78-L] Five Faves

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 17:54:27 PST 2011

I know you were being lighthearted with the statement below, Cary, because we've seen that you're too well balanced to really mean it (unlike some from whom such a statement might sound as if it were given seriously(!?) <g>. Many fiddle lovers can appreciate both Mozart and Monroe. And for further 78 relevance and another connection within Erwin's faves, you'll recall that Bill Monroe made one of the few non-jazz 78's of Milenberg Joys, a tune associated with Jellyroll Morton; the others were Leon Chappelear, Light Crust Doughboys, and Hoosier Hotshots (Monroe's source).

Warren