[78-L] White Christmas

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Jan 1 17:31:29 PST 2011

I assume most posters are aware of the 2CD set put out a couple of years ago
which contains every Bing Crosby Christmas single. There are several recordings
of Silent Night and Adeste Fideles, including an excellent remastering of the
first coupling of these two from the '30s, (the first release of these since
they were first on the market).  It has, I think, 4 recordings of White
Christmas and the 1942 recording is in very poor shape - I'm sure anyone could
get a better copy of it just by copying a 78 in good shape.  This set also
includes the alternate take from the 1942 session and the only glaring problem
is in the last line:  "and may all  ----- (word not audible)  Christmases be
white".

db