[78-L] White Christmas

kil kil at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 1 18:33:40 PST 2011

Every single, or did you mean every Decca single?
RayK

From: "DAVID BURNHAM"
I assume most posters are aware of the 2CD set put out a couple of years ago
which contains every Bing Crosby Christmas single. There are several
recordings
of Silent Night and Adeste Fideles, including an excellent remastering of
the
first coupling of these two from the '30s, (the first release of these since
they were first on the market). It has, I think, 4 recordings of White
Christmas and the 1942 recording is in very poor shape - I'm sure anyone
could
get a better copy of it just by copying a 78 in good shape. This set also
includes the alternate take from the 1942 session and the only glaring
problem
is in the last line: "and may all ----- (word not audible) Christmases be
white".