[78-L] What the heck did I just buy!!!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Dec 30 15:09:14 PST 2010

On 12/30/2010 5:45 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Yer basic DROOOOOOOOL........
>
> On 12/30/2010 5:33 PM, agp wrote:

> They also had about 10 in a the RCA Victor Heritage Series from 1948,
> all pressed in red vinyl in gold envelope sleeves. I grabbed one of
> Olympia Boronet singing selections from Don Pasquale and Rigoletto as
> recorded in 1906 and 1908
>  Nice, and the sleeves usually turn up in rough condition.

Rush back there and pick up all of the other Heritage Series discs, especially in the gold sleeves.  These are original master pressings.

>>  Next up a few white label with typewritten copy on Victrola
>>  (the gold and white label).
>>  - 10 inch - #4563 - Soprano-Contralto - Passage - Birds' Farewell
>>  (Absceid Der Vogel) (Op 14) (Eugene Hildach) Gluck-Homer 87520 (not
>>  sure if thi sis the matrix cause the disc has 87199 stamped on it)

These are on-demand pressings of out of print items.  The 87xxx number is the record number and the #4563 is the customer order number.  If the guy ordered five records that time, all the records in that order would have this number.  Occasionally there were unissued masters ordered this way.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com