[78-L] First eBay problem

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 28 20:53:06 PST 2010

On 12/28/2010 11:37 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
He gets paid..he makes sure of that. Never the same day, not even always the
correct week. This one's a real winner. But I need the flyers (and the
occasional 2 for 1 coupons for Dines, which serves up the best homemade
cheeseburger I've had in ages..and having worked in Oshawa back in the 70s, I
know from Dines). He's also supposed to leave a page of coupons, which requires
us to ask every time (and if my wife pays, she forgets to ask). This kid will
probably grow up to be very rich if somebody doesn't loosen the wheels on his
skateboard first. Yeah, I think he's really Bart Simpson.

This local rant isn't totally off topic. Oshawa This Week reprinted the article
about my King Cole Trio CD from the Toronto Star, and last week published that
interesting article about Gayla Peevey's Hippopotamnus song. But as a local
paper, it's great for sports news and pictures of fires but has absolutely no
movie listings, probably because the theatres are all parts of chains for which
the Toronto papers say "call the local theatre".