[78-L] First eBay problem

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 11:28:12 PST 2010

An underlying problem is that the "investigation" conducted by the USPS
seems to be completely self-contained.  It appears that all the carrier  needs
do is punch a key indicating "delivered" and that is their proof that it
reached its intended destination.

The carrier could have run it over with his truck and thrown it in the
trash, but if the computer says "delivered," that satisfies the USPS.  They
are answerable only to themselves.   A standard answer from the  USPS:  "It
must have been stolen from your doorstep."  Prove that it  wasn't!   And given
that they "conducted an investigation" and are  satisfied that it had been
delivered, they won't pay the insurance.

paul charosh

In a message dated 12/28/10 2:19:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ekluwer at gmail.com writes:

I can't  understand why Archeophone didn't send such a rare and significant
record  with a Fedex or DHL!!!

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Tim Brooks  <tbroo2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry you had this problem. I  related a very unfortunate case like this
in
> my ARSC Journal column a  couple of issues ago. I had sent an extremely
rare
> 1916 Starr record  to Archeophone for reissue, and they returned it via
USPO