[78-L] eBay shipping

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Dec 28 11:24:39 PST 2010

As one who has shipped one-of-a-kind items for my record company (transcriptions, broadcasts, rare pressings, and the like), I would NEVER use USPS for anything except ordinary eBay winnings with a value of less than $100. Anything more than that requires explicit tracking information, insurance, a first-born male child as collatoral, and whatever protection you can find. It's strictly on the sender to provide this kind of protection, and if the buyer is too cheap to ask for it, you should protect yourself by asking the buyer to pony up or just provide it yourself. Any eBay shipment I send off with at least $100 in value I provide insurance at my cost. Don't fool around by trying to save a few bucks. Protect history and assume the worst when it comes to these companies.

Cary Ginell