[78-L] Jack Towers, truncating the high frequencies

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Dec 27 08:16:03 PST 2010

Back in the 80s I ran a professional 16 track studio and I purchased a
programmable graphic equalizer for the studio. It was used to match the
engineers individual hearing curves to "flat".
I'd get each of my engineer's hearing tested and then, using that curve,
modify the EQ on the graphic so that, no matter what hearing losses or
gains each engineer had, what he heard was flat on the recording/mixing
board in front of him with all the EQ controls zeroed.
Simple.
Malcolm

*******