[78-L] Me and "Me and Orson Welles"

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com
Sat Dec 25 05:13:41 PST 2010

on 12/25/10 1:37 AM Cary Ginell wrote:

>Just got through watching "Me and Orson Welles" and I agree with David
>that it is a magnificent film. It kind of sank out of sight at the box
>office, and never came to my town, not even the art theaters, but that's
>probably because of its subject matter. The drooling teenage crowd that
>most theaters are courting these days would not sit still for a minute
>with something this esoteric, without any blatant sex or violence, car
>crashes, or explosions, and a plot that centers on Shakespeare and the
>theater.

We ran this for a week at the theatre I manage -- and it was very
successful for us. And that included with the kids, who came out in force
to see Zack Efron. One of our popcorn girls, age 17, has fallen very much
in love with Orson Welles as a result of seeing this picture.
Other than the idea of a First Nighter broadcast being "recorded" in the
middle of the afternoon, I got a real kick out of it myself.

Elizabeth