[78-L] Metropolitan Opera broadcasts in the old house

Kevin P. Mostyn lists at mostyn.com
Sun Dec 26 23:37:51 PST 2010

Elizabeth,

*All* is a pretty absolute word, not to be used casually. It is possible
that you are not fully informed on this matter. I invite you to look at
these scans:

http://www.mostyn.com/images/19360329.jpg

http://www.mostyn.com/images/19391230.jpg

These discs are parts of complete sets of these broadcasts and are in my
collection here in California. These are real discs, 16" aluminum base
lacquers.

At this late hour, I do not have access to certain other resources, but I
believe that there are several NBC transcriptions of MET broadcasts from the
1930s. Linechecks, not airchecks.

--Kevin Mostyn