[78-L] First 78

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:30:05 PST 2010

First records:

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #1 played by the Composer with the P.O. and
Ormandy. Our next door nabor had a yard sale and I saw it there - very
curious that the same man who wrote the music also played it. I remember
my reaction as a first examined the label but I couldn't begin to
describe it. I never thought of a classical composer living in an era of
records when he could perform his own music.

So for 25 cents it became mine. Not sure where it is now, if I even
still have it, but I have several different transfers on CD.

joe salerno