[78-L] First 78

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:14:40 PST 2010

As I wrote bout just recently, our entertainment system included a
separate 45 and LP/78 changer, B/W TV (21 or 24" or some such) AM FM
radio but not stereo, and one large speaker. Philips IIRC. Would've been
no later than about '53 I think. And it was my mother's records, not my
Dad.s He didn't care much about records and his ear was not so musical.
He listened to Lawrence Welk, I think because that's what everyone else
in his family listened to. My attraction to music and my lust for
records was learned from my mother. My interest in 78s was because the
changer would operate so much faster and more frequently than LPs. Slow.
Hard to keep a pre-schooler waiting that long for anything!

joe salerno