[78-L] First 78

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Dec 22 19:49:21 PST 2010

From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> I'll never forget mine. It was a Garrard RC-88.

First 78 PLAYER I owned (not counting my parents' massive RCA Victor
radio-phono
(I've never been able to identify the model, oddly enough...?!) was a
lash-up I constructed;
I re-routed the output of the changer in my E. H. Scott 800-B into a 1/4"
phono plug
which I plugged into the "Line In" of a large Sony r2r deck my brother
bought while
serving in the USAF in Viet Nam which I was using as a "stereo system" at
that time.

I was just lucky...I knew SFA about levels and such things! However, it
worked for
about 20 years!

Steven C. Barr