[78-L] First 78

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Dec 21 22:49:47 PST 2010

I'll never forget mine. It was a Garrard RC-88. Here's a picture of it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Garrard-Antique-Turntable-Model-RC-88-4-Spins-/150535176085?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item230c987f95

4 speeds - I never used the 16 2/3 speed. The changer was easy on records and nothing ever broke, even 78s handled well with the 3-inch drop to the platter (makes me shiver today).

Cary Ginell