[78-L] Rudy Vallee VICTOR Chinese Japanese??

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Dec 17 14:06:58 PST 2010

I have a few images of both Chinese and Japanese Victors in the 20-25000 series.
The Chinese labels mention Shanghai, but the earliest Jap. labels have only
Jap. characters at bottom (higher nrs mention Japan).
Some later Chinese issues are purple.
Surpringly, there is also a Chinese 22000 single-sided series of Chinese songs
with text mainly in Chinese.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Rockined1 wrote:
> I just founf a Rudy Vallee  78 VICTOR 21880  all printed in English expet the bottom of the label
which has either Chinese or Japanese characters [[or both]  any thoughts??
> Ed
I have Chinese Victor 25191 (RCA Victor Co. of China, Shanghai) by Tommy
Dorsey. Label is deep purple. In English, apart from Chinese translation
of the titles ("Alone" & "Two Hearts Carved On A Lonesome Pine").
      Julian Vein
<<<