[78-L] Roy Acuff 78 review

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Nov 29 19:00:53 PST 2010

From: "David Lewis" <uncledavelewis at hotmail.com>
> i wrote this for my facebook page. Would enjoy any feedback on it if
> anyone is interested.
> Roy Acuff and his Smoky Mountain Boys: Wreck on the Highway/Fire Ball
> Mail -- Okeh 6685, recorded in Hollywood May 28, 1942.

In fact, "Wreck On the Highway" is essentially based on thr much earlier
spiritual,
"I Didn't Hear Nobody Pray!"

Having grown up five miles from US 66 and traveled it regularly with my late
father, I saw
MANY wrecks...often fatal! Before the advent of "limited access" highways,
much of 66
in Illinois was two-lane...and spectacular head-on collisions were all too
common!

This was of course before seat belts. air bags and such protective
things...?!

Steven C. Barr