[78-L] VOGUE Records - clips online

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 19:06:54 PST 2010

I'll have to check that out;years ago I had a Vogue 78 by Sonny Dunham.I don't
recall seeing any
of his soundies.I remember the show the late Al "Jazzbo" Collins had on AMC back
in the '80s.I
have often wondered if AMC ever put any of those out on VHS.I have one picture
of Collins by
way of a CD I have of the Earle Spencer band from 1946-49.I have about three of
the Black and
White 78s he did plus I know one of his former musicians,Matt Utal,an alto
saxist who later spent
35 years with Les Brown.Matt moved here back in the late '80s-early '90s and got
me back to p-
laying tenor and alto saxes which I hadn't done in years because of having to
work.Collins was at
KPOJ in Portland,Oregon then as I understand it.Spencer's Black and White
recording of "Jazzb-
o" was named in honour of him.I also had two of the 12 inch TOPS LPs of that
band that had the
latter selection on it.I don't know just when it was released.I'm guessing
sometime in the mid '50s.