[78-L] Mystery Edison Test

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:37:21 PST 2010

Thanks everyone for the information. And I suspected that this might be a Diamond Disc from which the labels fell off. But I have seen actual Edison test records that are basically identical; plain white paper label with hand written information. So it is hard to know unless you make sure that the disc represents a coupling that was actually issued.

And did we ever find consensus as to how to clean these things? This record needs a bath, and I recall that Edison's own suggestion of isopropyl alcohol is actually injurious to the record. In fact, getting it wet at all seems like a bad idea, but I would like to clean it up if I can.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com