[78-L] did we ever find consensus as to how to clean these things (Diamond Discs)

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sat Nov 27 13:45:02 PST 2010

Naptha seems to work well for me.  Can't find naptha?  Use ZIPPO lighter fluid, pure naptha. (learned this from a stamp dealer)

DO NOT USE RONSON or other brand lighter fluids.

"...did we ever find consensus as to how to clean these things? This record needs a bath, and I recall that Edison's own suggestion of isopropyl alcohol is actually injurious to the record. In fact, getting it wet at all seems like a bad idea, but I would like to clean it up if I can.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com"