[78-L] Mystery Edison Test

Robert M. Kimbrell kimbrell at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Sat Nov 27 08:20:59 PST 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, David Lewis wrote:

> I have a blank labeled Edison test I can't identify:

For Edison info try http://www.truesoundtransfers.de/disco.htm

I've never found an Edison record that I couldn't identify by using this
site.  The Diamond Disc listings are from the original Edison ledgers from
the Edison National Historic Site and Mike Loughlin.  Christian Zwarg has
compiled this info into a huge .xls file.  There you can find that your
record (51531-L and 51531-R) has Billy Jones as the vocalist with the
Nathan Glantz Orchestra on the -L side and Vernon Dalhart as the vocalist
with the Jack Stillman Orchestra on the -R side.

Bob Kimbrell W0AO Kansas City, MO
kimbrell at freeshell.org
http://kimbrell.freeshell.org/