[78-L] Kinescopes (WAS Average Age)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 15 07:03:59 PST 2010

Kines existed later than we might think. I can remember watching Ernie Kovacs
on (most likely) Channel 7 in Buffalo in the early 60s and the quality was
horrible..it was still coming to them on kinescope. And the CBC was late to get
videotape..Ed Sullivan taped a special piece to run on the Wayne & Shuster show
up here, after their early successes on his show, and sent it to Toronto (my
mother may actually have been the mule). The Corpse had to find somebody to
transfer it to FILLUM so they could run it live. Needless to say, it looked awful.

Hey, I regularly write about things I know nothing about.

dl