[78-L] Joe Guy, was Beiderbecke TV series on BBC

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 12:43:23 PST 2010

Luckily I have a decent amount of Benedetti material on reel to reel. About
twenty years ago our good friend Schaap did a
seven day omnibus broadcast of Charlie Parker material and used a good dose
of Benedetti material in it.
As my deck was turning  I got a lot of it. Also, lucked into b'cast material
from Minton's, originally from remotes by the station in 1941.
I don't really remember all of Schaap's sources on the Benedettis but the
Mintons still  reside in the WKCR archives.

Al S.