[78-L] New Member^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 8 19:24:53 PST 2010

On 11/8/2010 9:03 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Wondered where you'd been. Your house was still standing the last time I drove
> by. Ain't computer problems wun'erful? My machine was reprogrammed and
> de-loused the other week but I still can't do my online banking without going
> upstairs and getting my bank card out of my wallet each time.
>
> Double feh.
>
> On 11/8/2010 8:15 PM, Steven wrote:
>> This is a test! I made the grevious error of allowing a local idio...er,
>> "self-appointed
>> computer expert"(?!?!) to in theory repair a couple of small problems I was
>> having;
>> the result was that he re-installed my Windows 7 o/s, successfully blocking
>> my
>> access to ALL my e-mail from 2006 through this past month...!
>>
>> The files are apparently still on my machine; however, I can't access the
>> dommed stuff...?!
>>
>> FEH!!!!
>>
>> Steven C. Barr

You might have a backup file somewhere in there. I've found stuff I wasn't able
to open 5 years ago that now works perfectly, like video files. On the other
hand, my "current security settings" keep preventing me from opening certain
things via Firefox and won't allow an Adobe upgrade there, but these files all
work just fine on Internet Exploder. It's us versus them. It's a jungle out there.