[78-L] War of the Worlds (was NBC, was YOU)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 14 19:54:31 PDT 2010

The overlap occurs on the 1969 LP issue on Evolution, a minute into side 2, and
the same tape source is on a single LP on Longines in better sound, except for
an unfortunate second or second and a half of dead air at one point. I forget
where that occurs and when I transferred it to open reel it was easy to snip
out the ten inches of tape. Not a dropout but an edit that somebody missed
somehow. The overlap is evidence that the Manny Fox transfer was made by
playing the sixteen-inch discs on consecutive turntables, the way we used to
run 'em in the old days live to air, and did anyone ever find out what his
source was? Maybe he had that tape transfer and that was it.

That Radio Spittoons issue is a joke.

dl