[78-L] Radio blues

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 08:57:19 PDT 2010

Back in the late 1980s I lived in Keokuk, Iowa, and with a somewhat
Frankensteined Wilcox-Gay Recordette III machine's AM radio section would
pick up 740 in late evenings 'on the skip'.  Thus I heard 'Nightcamp' and
such.  One problem with that was KTRH, another 50 kw flamethrower, from
Houston, that would sometimes swamp the signal from Canada.