[78-L] 78-L mail should be normal now

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Sep 25 21:49:05 PDT 2010

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> I can't speak for everyone else here, but I keep opening a lot of boxes of
> records I've accumulated over the years, as well as a few thousand that I
> willingly accepted when they were destined for the dump, and I am saying
> 'WTF'
> a lot.....I mean, seriously, what was I thinking when I bid on a 6-disc
> set of
> Seashore Tests of Musical Talent, other than proving RCA did issue
> something on
> 12-inch "Bluebird Series"? As Robert Redford says at the end of The
> Candidate,
> "Now what?"

In my own case (and I have acquired a LOT of Lennick's "unwanted" stuff?!) I
am
trying to collect/accumulate "EF78REM (except classical!)...simply to make
sure
that there exists, somewhere, one surviving copy of each and every 78rpm
phonorecord...! I happily buy (for cheap!) large lots of 78's, on the
assumption
that there will be some among them that I don't already own.

It gives me something to do...eh?!

Steven C. Barr