[78-L] Slightly OT - Direct to vinyl recording

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 20 20:04:58 PDT 2010

Questions, questions..an entire album's worth or just an EP? What if they
really screw up at the end of the last song on the side? What if somebody drops
the "acetate" or gets fish and chips all over it?

I don't know if there's a speed record for this sort of thing, but back in
1971, when Prime Minister Trudeau denied using the "f" word in the House of
Commons and claimed he's said "Fuddle Duddle", a Toronto record producer named
Greg Hambleton wrote, recorded and got a single called "Fuddle Duddle" pressed
and into the stores the following day.

dl