[78-L] I Deserve A Break Today

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Sep 19 22:03:36 PDT 2010

> Well, the whole point of "easy listening"music was that it didn't...in
> fact,
> COULDN'T...offend anybody?! Thus, it is like comparing a McDonalds
> sandwich to an actual MEAL...?! "Easy listening" is (and is supposed to
> be?!) a nice pleasant and INoffensive sound to keep one's ears "busy"
> while NOT requiring any effort from one's brain...?!
>
> Same way a McBurger has a nice inoffensive taste and fills your
> stomach...but one doesn't have to think "Do I actually ENJOY
> consuming this thing...?!)

> Steven C. Barr

I would rather listen to all the Mantovani records every made being being
played at the same time than eat at McDonald's.   The only thing I will say
about them (from road trips) is that the coffee is hot and innocuous (like a
Will Hudson arrangement?) and the rest rooms are,  as a rule,  very clean.

Taylor

P.S.  Canadian readers should note that my spell check wants to change
"Mantovani" to "Manitoban."  Maybe it's mixing him up with Percy Faith...