[78-L] 78rpm Podcast.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 11:44:08 PDT 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
Sounds like snob appeal to me. Music has to be complex to be "good"?
Discarding country and blues because they don't have "interesting chord
sequences" shows a total disregard for context of what those two highly
rich genres are all about. I don't see how anyone with this kind of
narrow-minded view of music can actually call his taste "very wide."

Cary Ginell
As I said blues singers like Johnson and Broonzy were brilliant
guitarists. By singing blues they were limiting their talents for a
"market".

      Julian Vein