[78-L] Never Know What You'll Find

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 13 12:44:34 PDT 2010

I stopped in an antikew store in a mining town (forget the name) in Idaho and
found interesting sheet music and a Mario Lanza radio station promo package
(with the biography side narrated by Johnny Victor) for a few bucks. And on
display, with a $15 price tag, was "Carry Me Back to Old Virginny". Naturally.

dl

On 9/13/2010 3:40 PM, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Just shows...the only thing I ever found in Grass Pants was a really good
> Italian bistro and a very good and reasonable non-chain motel (think it's
> called The Redwoods).
>
> One time I stopped in the Salvation Army store in Centralia,  Wash.  There
> was exactly one 78 in the place...an E+ copy of The Washingtonians Brunswick
> of Soliloquy.
>
> Yes,  I asked if there were any more in the back room or elsewhere and the
> answer was no.  Record cost 25 cents (this was a while ago).
>
> Taylor

>>> 'G'.  There I found a collection of about 1000 78s and I picked up about