[78-L] Vogue picture record R784

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Sep 1 17:36:18 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
>> Vogues seem to fall well outside of ordinary 78 values...?! A few years
>> ago,
>> ANY
>> Vogue sold for around $35...usually regardless of content or
>> condition...?!
>> Steven C. Barr
> Ah yes..."ordinary 78 values."  I've forgotten...was that fifty cents or
> five cents?  Guess that makes the milk crates more valuable than the
> records
> in 'em!    :-)

While I can't go by my more recent acquisitions (all large lots and VERY
cheap!),
the "ordinary" price of 78rpm phonorecords would seem to be around $1/each.
Needless to say, more specific wants will cost more...often MUCH more!

Since I have NO idea what milk boxes sell for...they hold about 120 78's
(more
for older ones)...which, based on my wild guess, would be about $120 worth
of shellac...?!

Steven C. Barr
(okeh...next abuse?!)