[78-L] Alec Wilder

John G. jgozza at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 29 04:32:10 PDT 2010

I'm looking for a little info. on Alec Wiilder, who it seems  was /  still
is  not  much regarded in the States. This is no doubt why he doesn't figure
in either the jazz   or  American D. B.  discographies  (tho' I don't have
access to the latest editions thereof).
I have a British  Parlophone of  "A  debutante's  diary"  and  "Neurotic
goldfish"  in their   "super rhythm" series, which seems to me to qualify as
jazz just as well as, say, Reginald  Foresythe's efforts, or some of the
more whimsical big swing band's  arrangements:  in  fact, for 1939 ( I
think)  it has some pre-bop intimations.
Can anyone tell me the exact date, and any of the personnel of the octet ?

Thanks, guys

John  Goslin