[78-L] Columbia blue on white labels, revisited

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 22 13:20:05 PDT 2010

Ruby Helder isn't in the Entertainment Discography nor Rust's Music Hall on
Record. She was a female tenor who sang light operatic and concert songs, came
from England, toured the US, made some recordings for Columbia in NY some of
which have no issue numbers but which could have been issued in England. It's
not entirely impossible that 2938 is a Ruby Helder song on one side and a
reissue of a Joe Hayman Regal on the other, and that Canadian Columbia picked
up the Hayman side..wonder what's on its reverse?

dl